The following are the core beliefs for those of us at Faith ‘n Friends:
- We believe the Bible is the Inspired Word of God.
You have been taught the holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip His people to do every good work. 2 Timothy 3:15–17
- We believe in the Trinity – One God eternally existing in three persons—Father, Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit.
Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19
There are three Who speak of this in heaven: the Father and the Word and the Holy Spirit. These three are one. 1 John 5:7
- We believe Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life and took the sins of all humanity upon Himself, died on the cross and rose again. Today He sits at the right hand of the Father in heaven.
As he (Joseph) considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. “Joseph, son of David,” the angel said, “do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit. Matthew 1:20
God knew what would happen, and His prearranged plan was carried out when Jesus was betrayed. With the help of lawless Gentiles, you nailed him to a cross and killed him. But God released him from the horrors of death and raised him back to life, for death could not keep him in its grip. Acts 2:23–24
Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us. Hebrews 1:34
- We believe all people sin and will face the judgement of God, that repentance of sin and faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior are God’s plan of salvation.
For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Romans 3:23
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. John 14:6
- We believe that Jesus will return again in glory to judge both the living and the dead.
But remember that they will have to face God, who stands ready to judge everyone, both the living and the dead. 1 Peter 4:5
- We believe salvation is a gift of grace through faith in Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior.
For God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan from before the beginning of time—to show us his grace through Christ Jesus. 2 Timothy 1:9
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers through faith in Christ Jesus.
I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me. John 17:23
- We believe God’s will for His people can be summed up in one command.
Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.” Mark 12:29–31
Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God’s law. Romans 13:10